Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

Fun & Fizzy Ramune

Hello Kitties,

Today, I'm introducing the popular Japanese Summer staple, Ramune.
What exactly is Ramune? Well, for those that haven't caught on to this refreshing drink, Ramune soda is an oddly-enjoyable experience. Ramune was introduced in Kobe, Japan by Alexander Cameron Sim. It is widely recognized by it's Codd-neck bottle design. The bottles are made of glass and has a glass marble inside the top.
Ramune bottles can be a bit intimidating at first, because of the amount of force needed to push the marble down with a little plastic plug, that comes with the "cap". The real "cap" is however, the marble. Once you push firmly on the marble using the plastic device, you hear a loud "POP". It's like breaking into a bank that contains an ambrosial tonic. It takes a bit of practice to enjoy this beverage favorite, because of the marble pushing back on the flow. What I've discovered in my experience in opening the bottles, is that now, I look forward to hearing that "POP"!!!! It's quite fun, and it means that my taste buds are in for a real treat!
Ramune is a modern symbol of summer in Japan and is widely consumed during warm festivities, day and night. It is so popular that even Hello Kitty herself has her paws on the product.!




Ramune comes in a variety of palate-pleasing flavors. Flavors such as Original, Peach, & Lychee. Ramune also comes in "Not-So-Pleasing" sounding flavors such as Wasabi, Octopus, and Curry. I've never been able to try those crazy flavors, because, thankfully, I've never found them at my local Asian Grocery Store.
My favorite flavors would have to be Peach & Original. You can review these sodas on your own, although, Original, to me, tastes like a lighter cream soda flavor, but, others have they're own idea of what it tastes like.
Which ever flavors you choose, I'm fairly sure you'll find Ramune Sodas quite tasty.
Thank you all for reading!
Hearts & Bows,
X's & O's-----Spooky

No comments:

Post a Comment